We have two inland containers deport in Bangladesh.Bangladesh Inland Water Transport Authority (BIWTA) and the Chittagong Port Authority (CPA) jointly built the terminal.
- Located near Kamalapur Railway Station Dhaka, about 320km from Cihttagong (CIN) Port. There are 2 regular dedicated Train Services for container carriage to and fro CIN per following timing.
- Morning Dep CIN 1000hrs – Arrive Dhaka ICD after 12hrs
- Night Dep CIN 2200hrs – Arrive Dhaka ICD after 12hrs.
- Ground Handling Capacity (3 High) = 4000 teus
- For Dhaka bound shipment FND per B/L should be reflected as ICD, Kamalapur, Dhaka and/or Dhaka, ICD.
- 20’GP, 40’GP, 40’HQ, Flack Rack (20′, 40′) containers are handled here. 45’HQ yet to be introduced but there is a provision for handling same.
- Reefer containers are not acceptable at ICD, Dhaka for non-availability of power plug points.
- No LCL shipments allowed.
- No cargo storage facilities are available.
Working time and holidays are the same as Chittagong Port.